Bartlett is a community all are proud to call home. We are a Village that values our past, cherishes our present and works together to thoughtfully plan for the future.
Village of Bartlett 2018 Strategic Plan
The 2018 Strategic Plan was approved by the Village Board at the January 16 meeting. This new plan involved input from a variety of stakeholders within the community, including civic groups, other taxing bodies, business groups, residents and Village staff.
This Strategic Plan prioritizes the goals for the community into four categories -- short-term routine; short-term complex; long-term routine; and long-term complex. The plan will act as a road map for the Village going forward and department heads will incorporate this vision into day-to-day operations and the budget.
Short-Term Routine - 1 to 3 Years
1. Enhance public awareness via an education campaign to increase residents’ awareness of Village services, activities, funding, etc.
2. Develop a multi-level “cascading” public information campaign on Lake Michigan water connection.
3. Enhance community events.
Short-Term Complex - 1 to 3 Years
4. Develop a business development strategy focused on attracting and incentivizing an additional grocery store to town.
5. Develop a business recruitment strategy to attract developers to invest in the downtown area and provide options for businesses to locate to Bartlett.
6. Undertake a comprehensive review of building permit and development process.
7. Complete necessary infrastructure requirements for full Lake Michigan water conversion.
8. Maintain fiscal position and budget stability.
9. Develop a strategy to attract/locate a hotel/motel in the Village.
10. Develop strategies for development of Railroad Avenue vacancies.
11. Develop community branding plan.
12. Work to improve retail business profile in the Village.
13. Revisit, refine and execute the Village’s overall economic development incentives.
14. Maintain or enhance Village standards for service delivery.
Long-Term Routine - 3 to 5 Years
15. Improve Village bike and pedestrian pathways and routes.
16. Examine service delivery methods and approaches.
17. Maintain and enhance the Village’s fiscal profile and financial strength.
Long-Term Complex - 3 to 5 Years
18. Develop a long-term plan to refurbish/rebuild the Village’s sewage treatment plant.
19. Develop a strategy to identify and complete roadway improvement and traffic mitigation programs and design.
20. Develop an overall Village-wide technology master plan.
21. Redevelop/revitalize sites along Lake Street and Route 59.
22. Work with IDOT to improve traffic safety along Route 59.
23. Develop a strategy to redevelop the lot on Lake Street and Route 59.